08/06 - 08/08 2009
No Uppsala Reggae Festival in 2012
Bad news, but also good news reached us from Sweden recently. There will be no Uppsala Reggae Festival in 2012, but the promoters have big plans to bring a lot of artists and events to Sweden and Europe... read the official statement here:
Greetings URF Massive!
It has been unusually quiet from us an for a long time and we want to apologize for that. We know that many are wondering what will happen with the Uppsala Reggae Festival in the future. We have thought a lot about it, but also planned a lot. Therefore, this long silence.
After the 2011 reggae festival, it was our hope to organize another festival in 2012 and we also said we would review the festival format, concept and location of the next festival. We asked, among other things, for help from you, our loyal friends, and got a fantastic response with lots of clever insights and suggestions for improvement. We used several of these proposals and developed new ideas. Read more about the ideas below.
URF leaving Uppsala
Since inception, over 400 reggae artists performed for the 120.000 visitors. For that we feel great pride and respect. In Uppsala there is a fantastic audience and it has been a good city to grow in that festival, but there have also been challenges and limitations. Now it's time to move on and the big news is that the Uppsala Reggae will leave Uppsala - but also that we resurrected in different forms! Our primary mission now is to take reggae bring the Reggae experience to other people and places with a new festival format, and new places. Thats our aim for the future.
Thanks Uppsala, Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe!
We want to thank all the wonderful and loving Uppsala residents who represented a quarter of our visitors and hope you follow us in the future. We also want to thank all of you, who have traveled from different parts of Sweden, Scandinavia and Europe to experience high-quality reggae music, love and togetherness. Obviously we want to welcome you in the future. There's more to come, lot more!
In 2012 and 2013, the Uppsala Reggae will be converted, renamed and re-emerge in several new concepts and formats. Here are some of them:
• ReggaeCruise: On April 29, 2012 the "One Love Cruise" will leave the Stockholm harbor with destination Riga, Finland. On board to perform is dancehall star Mr.Vegas and Kapten Röd plus several other Swedish reggae and hip-hop artists. There will also be dance shows and this year's Dancehall Queen 2012 will be crowned. The cruise is organized in cooperation with Tallink / Silja Line. more infos @ ONELOVECRUISE.se
• Festivals in Sweden: There are advanced plans for this year to start new reggae festivals in new locations in Sweden. Right now we book artists. More information will follow in late March / early April. Look out!
• Swedish Reggae-Festival-Export: Italy, Holland, Chile, Costa Rica and Dubai plan to have their own fesivals, like we did with the Uppsala Festival. Currently in the making for 2012-2013. Everyone who likes to travel is welcome.
• Individual concerts: International superstars that were at the Uppsala Reggae, will come back to Sweden. Scheduled performers this year are:
- Alborosie & The Shengen Clan
- Beenie Man
- Bounty Killer
- Busy Signal
- Bunny Wailer & The Solomonic Reggae Orchestra
- Collie Buddz
- Israel Vibration
- Jah Cure
- Jimmy Cliff
- Morgan Heritage