Yaadcore Announces Debut Album 'Reggaeland'
03/02/2022 by Press Release
Yaadcore today shares details of his upcoming debut album, Reggaeland, along with the cover art and tracklist. Reggaeland drops March 18th through the artist’s own 12 Yaad Records and Delicious Vinyl Island, the new Caribbean music imprint from iconic Los Angeles label Delicious Vinyl.
A game-changing DJ turned groundbreaking artist, Yaadcore is one of the most unique and intriguing figures in today’s Jamaican reggae scene. With the release of Reggaeland, the now full-time vocalist is set to cement his place as one of Jamaica’s most important new voices.
Reggaeland is the sound of an artist honoring tradition while bringing his distinct vision of Jamaican music’s future to the forefront. While the title celebrates Jamaica’s status as the epicenter of reggae music, the project’s contents pull elements of trap, R&B, classic hip-hop and jazz into an eclectic, layered sound that defies simple genre tags.
“It’s reggae music with a fusion,” Yaadcore says of his music. “From you hear I and I ‘pon it then you know it ah go bring Jamaican flavor.”
Guest features on Reggaeland include fellow reggae stars Richie Spice, Jah9, Pressure Busspipe and I-Wayne, along with the late music icon Lee “Scratch” Perry. Production comes from a committee that includes the USA’s Subatomic Sound, Ian McKee and Green Lion Crew, and Jamaica’s Micah Shemiah, Treydrumz and Chillmuchmore, along with Yaadcore himself. Also adding their touch behind the boards are Grammy-winning engineer Bonzai Caruso (Damian Marley, Faith Evans) and Tippy-I (of I Grade Records and Zion I Kings).
Yaadcore first emerged a decade ago as the essential DJ, or selector, of Jamaica’s reggae revival scene, a status that earned him recognition in outlets from Vice to Vogue. After helping carry the movement worldwide as the tour DJ for Protoje and co-founder of multinational reggae party Dubwise Jamaica, he turned his attention to making his own music, beginning with 2019’s breakthrough track “Ready Now” in 2019.
A veritable ganja icon, Yaadcore hosts Jamaica’s first weed strain review series, “Spliff A Light Spliff,” for Kingston dispensary Itopia Life, and has collaborated with U.S-based cannabis lifestyle brands Leafly and Blazy Susan, as well as with iconic streetwear brand Diamond Supply Co, with whom he is collaborating on an upcoming merch drop tied in to this month’s album release. His latest single “La Laa Laa” featuring Sarah Couch (of Jamaican indie pop duo DejaVilla) was recently handpicked by host Ebro Darden for Apple Music’s Discovered on Apple Music spotlight.
1. Bee With Me (produced by Yaadcore)
2. Ready Now (Remix) feat. Pressure Busspipe & I Wayne (produced by Rian Williams, Yaadcore and Ian McKee)
3. Reggae Land (produced by Yaadcore)
4. Police in Helicopter feat. Jah9 (produced by Subatomic)
5. Money on Trees (produced by Riga & Meds)
6. Ghetto Youths (produced by Horace “Yellow Drums” Ellis)
7. Nyquill (Remix) featuring Richie Spice (produced by Micah Shemaiah)
8. Shrooms (produced by Ian McKee
9. La La Laa feat. Sarah Couch (produced by Chillmuchmore)
10. Say That You Love Me (produced by Oneness Records)
11. Play God feat. Lee “Scratch” Perry (produced by Blak Yaad Productions & Treydrums)
12. The Calling (produced by Young Zoe Beats, Yaadcore & Ian McKee)
13. Ball Game (Knock It) (produced by Green Lion Crew)
14. Tina (produced by Evidence Music) Bonus Track